For nearly two years, we have talked about what goes into being a great referral partner and, from time to time, we’ve highlighted examples of outstanding Referral Partners and how their businesses have been enhanced. However, there are some referral partners who, for a multitude of reasons, don’t quite get it. For most of you, this doesn’t apply. However, these signs should serve as a litmus test of your abilities as a Referral Partner. Are you missing out on opportunities to make money, advance in your profession or win favor among your customers?
1. A “referral partner” who doesn’t call us when they have a phone system prospect.
2. A “referral partner” who is too lazy to help their customer with business needs outside of the product they sell. This works in the short term, but if you become a valuable resource to the customer, which doesn’t take much effort or time, they will repay you by sending more business your way…at worst you just make $$.
3. Sells with price being their primary differentiator.
4. Doesn’t build true relationships with clients.
5. Too chicken to TELL the customer we are the best- DiscountCall sells Samsung phones systems (award-winning brand), has technicians with over 30 years of industry knowledge and a commitment to outstanding customer service. We will treat your customers with extraordinary care.
6. Doesn’t see the value in bringing a great partner like us to the table (doesn’t have the vision to understand how we can help him be more appreciated by his own customer.)
7. Order-taker mentality (not a consultative sales technique.)